(N/213/6/0350; MQA/PA 11221)
The Creative Digital Media programme in UCTS is mainly an experiential-based programme, which embraces and develops students’ digital specialisations in interactive, immersive, and motion media. This programme is designed to meet the current and future creative industry needs, therefore collaboration with the industry is the fundamental feature of this programme.
During the academic courses, students’ learnings will encompass the fundamental of creative digital media right through to real world research project in their final year study. Students will be trained to specialize in the field they are interested in whether it is digital animation, 3D CG, computer generated imagery, game design, VR and AR, apps, interactive design, film and documentary. They will also have direct involvement with relevant companies and industry through live projects and industrial training as this course share a philosophy of embedded and applied real world collaboration to add a relevant context to the skills based curriculum this
Upon graduation, students will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to be at the forefront of the creative digital media industry both locally and internationally. With the acquired knowledge and skills, students will be able to embark in careers or become an entrepreneur in the creative industry such as digital film and animation, computer generated imagery (CGI), computer and video game design, digital marketing and advertisement, visual and augmented reality design, graphics communication, etc. The opportunity is endless as this industry is constantly evolving thus creating astonishing prospects for new expertise within the industry.
To create alumni with broad technical knowledge and associated hands-on skills to fulfil their professional demands in highly competitive global market with confidence, outstanding ethical and moral values.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduate will apply the latest knowledge and techniques of Creative Digital Media to creatively and innovatively solve challenges with high level of competency and entrepreneurship.
- Graduates will demonstrate leadership, management and teamwork skills, and able to communicate effectively in diverse teams.
- Graduates will pursue lifelong learning in order to contribute to the advancement of the creative digital media professions and addressing related contemporary challenges.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- Ability to acquire and apply fundamental knowledge of creative digital media and technology appropriate to the discipline.
- Ability to identify and solves creative digital media challenges
- Ability to design and conduct experiments to meet the desired benchmarks
- Ability to use the techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for creative digital media and technology practice.
- Adhere to management, business practices and entrepreneurship in the context of creative digital media.
- Ability to practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibilities
- Function effectively as individuals, and as members or leaders in diverse multi-disciplinary technical teams.
- Recognise the need for professional development and ability to engage in independent life-long learning.
Programme Structure and Synopsis
- Pass STPM or equivalent with at least a Grade C (NGMP 2.0) in 2 subjects; or
- Pass STAM (Jayyid); or
- Pass UEC with at least a B grade in 5 subjects; or
- Pass Matriculation / Foundation / Foundation from any IPTA / IPTS / Institution that is allowed to offer foundation program with CGPA of 2.00; or
- Creative Multimedia Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 (candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 may be subject to internal evaluation process); or
- Other equivalent qualifications subject to approval by university’s senate and recognised by Malaysian Government.
Note: The entry qualifications listed above are subject to change as approved by the Senate, Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) and Ministry of Higher Education.
English Competency Requirements (for Non-Malaysian Students)
a) Earn at least:
- International Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 5.0; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (internet based) with a minimum score of 34; or
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) with a minimum score of 160; or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) with a minimum score of 180; or
- Pearson Test of English, Academic (PTE Academic) with a minimum score of 36; or
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET) Band 3; or
b) Students from countries using English as a speech are exempted from the requirements of (a); or
c) Students using academic qualifications from institutions that use English as the medium of instruction are fully exempted under condition (a).
Tuition Fees (subject to change)
Click here to view the tuition fees.
Study loans are available from PTPTN and MARA. The tuition fees above are only applicable to local / Malaysian students. For more details and information, please contact our Marketing Office at (+6) 084-367300 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.