To provide students with an understanding of developing a communicative language competencies in order to be able to perform their job-related tasks professionally. This course provides a comprehensive reference guide on technical communication principles, skills, and practice in workplace. It explains the principles of effective communication, both written and oral, and provides solid advice and practical guidelines on how to strengthen communication skills and produce good technical writing. It introduces the theory, specimen documents, suggested layouts and explanations that develop skills and understanding.
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- The Role of Oral Communication
- Professional Presentations
- Writing Process
- Professional Interviews
- Professional Growth
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills required in professional settings.
- Apply the principles and practices of technical communication to reports, technical papers, oral presentation and during the job interviews.
- Produce good scientific and technical writing, including mechanical and technical descriptions, technical definitions, proposals and oral technical communication skills.
Stephanie Larry Daniel
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Assignment, Progress Test, Examination|
|Discussions||Assignment, Progress Test, Examination|