To provide the students the knowledge of UNIX-like OSes and the usage of the software tools, which are highly used in networking, web technologies, and mobile development. This course provides the students the knowledge of UNIX-like OSes such as Linux and FreeBSD, and the software tools such as sh, awk, grep, find, dd, and so on.
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- Introduction to UNIX and Linux
- Using Command-Line
- UNIX File System
- Programming and Scripting
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Apply the UNIX philosophy in software development.
- Demonstrate the scripting with common command-line utilities in UNIX-like environment.
- Develop applications using UNIX-like environment with appropriate software.
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|