Developing student’s creativity in thinking and innovation as part of their learning and to prepare themselves in working environment challenges. This subject explores creativity and innovation thinking skills with an exposure of principles of thinking, methods of generating ideas, creativity in problem solving techniques, creativity in writing as well as giving the experience of producing creative and innovative product through project given.
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- Introduction to Creativity and Innovation
- Breaking Through Thought Patterns and Assumptions
- Methods and tools for generating ideas
- Logical versus Lateral Thinking
- Creative Problem Solving
- Innovation Process
- Value Innovation
- Creativity and Innovation in Real Life
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe the fundamental of creative thinking and innovation.
- Demonstrate creativity in thinking through problem solving using skills learnt.
- Develop innovative ideas or value through methods learnt
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Final Examination, Assignment|