To provide a platform for the students to experience the process of executing a research project. Students will carry out weekly discussion with their supervisor on the research topic objectives, scope, research programme, and the extent of the development of the research proposal. A final report and a presentation of the research proposal are required at the end of the course.
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- Conducting the Research Programme
- Analysis of Data
- Documentation of Thesis
- Final thesis submission and presentation
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Acknowledge the continuous development of knowledge and the needs of self-upgrading.
- Execute an engineering research programme.
- Analyse the research data.
- Discuss the significance, results, justifications, findings and impacts of research.
- Conclude the research findings and outcomes with confidence.
- Produce an academic writing.
Group of lecturers
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Project Supervision||Written Report, Presentation, Lecturer Evaluation|
|Problem-based Learning||Written Report, Presentation, Lecturer Evaluation|
|Research||Written Report, Presentation, Lecturer Evaluation|