To provide the students the understanding of computer and software security by using the protection mechanisms such as firewall and cryptography to develop the software with low security risks. This course provides the students the understanding of computer and software security by using the protection mechanisms such as firewall and cryptography.
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- Introduction to Computer Security
- Program Security
- Operating Systems Security
- Database Security
- Network Security
- Other Topics in Security
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Classify the potential vulnerability in computer systems and formulate the security policies and countermeasure techniques to minimize or overcome the vulnerabilities.
- Manipulate the computer security techniques and tools to improve the strength of the network environment and computer systems.
- Explain the importance of computer security on computer program, operating system, database, and network level and the effects towards daily computational activities.
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|
|Tutorial||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|