To provide the students the fundamental knowledge of data structures and algorithms so that the students are able to design good data structures and simplify the algorithm. The students will learn C programming language as it is allows the students to understand the fundamental computer science concepts. This course provides the fundamental knowledge about data structure and algorithm, such as primitive data types, pointer, ADT; and algorithms such as recursive function, sorting, and searching. The students learn C programming language which has the syntax that widely affected modern programming languages.
Content Outline of the Course/Module
- Software Engineering Principles
- Data Types and Pointer
- Recursive and Algorithm Efficiency
- Sorting Algorithms
- Searching Techniques
- Abstract Data Types (ADT)
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Explain the data structure and algorithm on how to organize and process the data.
- Write programs that can receive input, produce output, and process the data.
- Demonstrate the understanding of pointer and abstract data type (ADT).
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|