Micro components require different language to program it. Therefore, students will need to know which language to programme the different components. This course describes in practical terms how to program a PC to carry out time critical tasks, to sense real-world quantities such as temperature, sound, light and etc. Analysis of data acquired, display the results and performing control tasks are also part of the course.
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- Software architecture of the 8088 and 8086
- Assembly language programming
- Machine language coding
- Input/Output interface circuit programming
- Signal conversion concepts
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Design program using microprocessor components and functions of the PC I/O components.
- Combine different chipsets for controlling external devices via assembly language.
- Evaluate the benefits can be offered by microprocessor in improving better lifestyle.
- Produce project in team.
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|
|Practical Works||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|