Multimedia is the emerging field in computer environment. Students will need to know how to create systems of programs to support multimedia using JAVA. This course introduces multimedia programming using object-oriented programming approach, and can be divided into two parts. The first part will provide the students with basic skills and exposure to Java programming language, and the second part will focus more on designing and developing Java-based multimedia applications.
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- Introduction to Programming and Java
- The Basics of Java Programming Language
- Object-oriented Programming using Java
- Java Input and Output
- Drawing in Java
- Java Graphical User Interface (GUI) Components
- Event-Driven Programming
- Manipulating Digital Sounds using Java
- Animation using Java
- Encoding, Manipulating and Creating Movies 2
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Construct multimedia programs using JAVA for daily or business application.
- Justify key concepts and strategies of object-oriented multimedia programming and software testing.
- Work in group to critically analyse object oriented programming techniques to solve various problems.
- Distinguish the syntax and basic features of the object-oriented programming language.
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|
|Practical Works||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|