This course is aimed at giving students an introductory insight into the Malaysian Economy. Besides, this course also to expose students on the role of the government and its plans and policies. The knowledge is necessary in order to equip them with necessary skills and awareness for future endeavor. This course provides the student with an overview of the Malaysian economy and its economic interaction with other countries. Various topics will be discussed, including: The fundamental of Malaysian Economic structure, government policies, economic sectors (agricultural and industrial, services), social issues (education, poverty, population, labour force) and economic plans and policies towards high income economy (Iskandar, NCER, ECER, SCORE, and SDC).
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- Overview of Malaysia Economy
- Economic Development Concept
- Development of Agriculture
- The Industrial Sector
- Education And Human Capital Formation
- Population, Labour Force and Human Capital Issues
- Poverty and Income Distribution
- Key growth engines
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand the Malaysia economy structure and its components.
- Analyze the macro economy environment and social issues and the external factors in business decision making.
- Evaluate the roles of the government and its plans and policies for economic development its impact on Malaysian competitiveness.
Dr. Anita Rosli
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Assignment, Quiz, Presentation, and Final Examination|
|Group Activity||Assignment, Presentation|