To provide the students the understanding of responsibilities and ethical issues in the working environment, risks and liabilities, and intellectual property so that they are able to develop the software without violating legality.
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- Introduction to Cyber Ethics
- Ethical Concepts and Ethical Theories
- Professional Responsibility
- Code of Ethics
- Software Safety
- Computer Security
- Intellectual Property
- Infringement of Copyright
- International Cybercrime
- Regulation and Control of Personal Information
- Regulation Commerce and Speech in Cyberspace
- Global Information Ethics
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Analyse impact of technology on everyday life and ethical issues associated with them.
- Identify ethical and professional values when given case study on real life situation.
- Demonstrate the underlying concepts of both technology and ethical behaviour.
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|
|Student-centered Learning||Assignment, Presentation|
|Group Discussion||Assignment, Presentation|