To provide the student with the knowledge of OSI layered model so that the students are able to understand the LAN and WAN design and implement them within organisations. This course provides the fundamental knowledge of data communication and networking especially LAN and WAN, and their applications in the real world.
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- Digital Transmission
- Analogue Transmission
- Error Detection and Corrections
- Data Link Control
- Data Link Protocol
- Network Application
- Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Summarise the fundamental building blocks of communications and networking.
- Construct and deploy computer network using wired or wireless communication media.
- Demonstrate the needs of computer network to develop a better living or working environment.
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|
|Tutorial||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|