To provide the students the theoretical knowledge and practical techniques related to developing interactive multimedia application. This course provides the theoretical knowledge and practical techniques related to developing interactive multimedia application and how multimedia works especially world wide web as a multimedia technology.
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- Overview of Multimedia Technology
- Interaction Technologies and Devices
- Multimedia Applications, Systems, and Technology
- Multimedia Data: Text, Graphics, and Audio
- Multimedia Data: Animation and Video
- Multimedia Project Development
- Multimedia Authoring, Programming, and Scripting
- WWW and Web-Based Multimedia
- Multimedia Communications and Compressions
- Emerging and Advanced Multimedia Applications
- Multimedia Future Directions
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Analyse and explain various technologies involved to support multimedia application development.
- Build interactive multimedia application such as montage and animation.
- Solve multimedia project development problems and to market the multimedia products.
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|
|Tutorial||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|
|Computer-based Learning||Assignment, Presentation|