This course provides a general introduction to programming language. The skill is needed for future programming courses. The course covers problem solving skills, writing algorithms, basic programming syntax, control structures (loops, if statements, switches), functions and input/output operations.
Content Outline of the Course/Module:
- Problem Solving and Algorithms
- Fundamental of Programming
- Control Structure
- Arithmetic Calculation
- Characters and Strings
- Formatted Input/Output
- Basic Data Structures
- File Operation
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Apply the basic problem-solving techniques to develop algorithms and programs for given problems.
- Construct complete programs based on a given specification and construct flow charts for computer code.
- Developing complete program and give appropriate justification and able to present solution clearly and confidently.
|Teaching-learning Methods||Assessment Methods|
|Lecture||Assignment, Progress Test, Final Examination|
|Computer-based Learning||Assignment, Presentation|